Monday, December 8, 2008

Practice Makes Progress...

So there is this new show on t.v. (don't ask me the channel I have no idea) and its about this family that has seventeen children with one on the way. YES! The mother actually gave birth to all children and is still happy, patient, loving AND home-schools! God has given this woman a gift that I've seen in no other...
She made a statement to several of her children who were practicing their instruments and it was simply this, "Practice Makes Progress". How many times have we heard that practice makes perfect? One to many on my part! Hearing practice makes perfect over and over again makes me think that I've not done a good enough job the first time and that next time when I practice perhaps I'll make it to the point of perfection. Or perhaps I'll never make it to the point of perfection because that is the statement! Practice makes perfect... entailing that you've failed over and over again because you'll never be perfect on this earth. Having heard the revised and more appropriate statement of "Practice Makes Progress" shows that when you do practice each time you'll make progress and further whatever you're practicing. It doesn't set you up for failure, but it encourages you to pursue even more. So whatever you may do today...Practice it so that you'll make progress.

1 comment:

Stef Layton said...

hooray, I'm so glad you're blogging! Can't wait to "see" you again!!